Best Food in your opinion, and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are the foods you consider to be best for your fish?

I think my favorite so far has to be NLS for pellets, Omega one for flakes. They have pretty decent ingredients, protein content, and are a good size.

I also really like Attison's Betta Pro because of the ingredients, but they are kind of large in size and can't fit some of my girls mouths.

For my bottom feeders, I haven't really thought about it too much. I use API Bottom Feeder pellets and Hikari Algea Wafers... But nothing can beat fresh veggies!

I like ocean nutrition prime reef flakes for my freshwater tank the flakes are huge so I can crumble them to the right size for all my fish but I try to stick with frozen brine shrimp and blood worms for daily feelings

I'm the same as you, I really like NLS and feed the pellets to my bottom feeders, wish they made flakes! I use omega one for my flakes and also omega one betta buffet for my betta, he loves it and attacks that stuff
Edit: just looked it up and they do make flakes, so I change my statement to "I wish they made flakes that were readily available in stores near me!" Haha

Zimmanski-- do you find the omega one pellets to be a bit large? Some of my bettas have a hard time fitting them in their mouths. I do really like the ingredients though.

I've never seen the NLS flakes either. I use their small fish pellets for my Endlers and betta fry on occasion though and they seem to do really well on them although they are a bit too small for the Endlers.

My favorite by far is repashy. Its a dry mix that you combine with boiling water and it turns into a gel. My fish love it I use it in all of my tanks. Then my next preference is NLS

I'm the same as you, I really like NLS and feed the pellets to my bottom feeders, wish they made flakes! I use omega one for my flakes and also omega one betta buffet for my betta, he loves it and attacks that stuff
Edit: just looked it up and they do make flakes, so I change my statement to "I wish they made flakes that were readily available in stores near me!" Haha

The lfs by me has nls flakes. So I know they make it. Check online if you can't find locally

I just found a NLS small fish formula pellet food. It is really small sized. I have some surface feeders and mostly mid level feeders. These pellets float awhile, then sink for the mid level guys. My tank stays cleaner and with no surface oil skim like I get with flake food. Someone in here suggested trying pellets over flakes, so I tried it. I still feed flakes occationally for variety along with frozen foodsbut will eventually go with all pellet. OS.

Zimmanski-- do you find the omega one pellets to be a bit large? Some of my bettas have a hard time fitting them in their mouths. I do really like the ingredients though.

I've never seen the NLS flakes either. I use their small fish pellets for my Endlers and betta fry on occasion though and they seem to do really well on them although they are a bit too small for the Endlers.

The betta buffet from omega one is flakes, he swims real fast up right underneath the flake the stops and stalks his "prey" for about 5 seconds then attacks it and thrashes about a bit haha. I use the NLS 2mm sinking pellets for my loaches and the NLS small fish pellets for my corydoras and they love it.

I think I will try the NLS flakes next time I need to buy food though

LOL To you guys that have black skirt and serpae tetras. You can tell they are first cousins to Pirahnas at feeding time. They attack!!. OS.

LOL To you guys that have black skirt and serpae tetras. You can tell they are first cousins to Pirahnas at feeding time. They attack!!. OS.

My black skirts are pure hogs. They will suck down entire shrimp pellets. Afterwards they float in position like they just cleaned out a buffet and are too full to move.

Also, mine are pretty peaceful with the other species of tetras in my tank, but to each other they have little territory battles. LOL They stake out about a six inch area and dare another black skirt to enter, Then the flaring, spinning and actual body blows start. Today. a couple actually knocked scales off. I have six of them in a 29g. Little fish with BIG attitudes. OS,

What are the foods you consider to be best for your fish?

I think my favorite so far has to be NLS for pellets, Omega one for flakes. They have pretty decent ingredients, protein content, and are a good size.

I also really like Attison's Betta Pro because of the ingredients, but they are kind of large in size and can't fit some of my girls mouths.

For my bottom feeders, I haven't really thought about it too much. I use API Bottom Feeder pellets and Hikari Algea Wafers... But nothing can beat fresh veggies!

i dont think you can get much better then NLS or omega one, ive looked at many other food makers and none of them use the whole ingredients that NLS and omega one use.

for my wife's betta we use omega one "betta buffet" pellets, we used to feed him aqueon brand, and since the switch i can see a huge difference in energy.

for my bottom feeders i use hikari algae wafers, stable wafers, and carnivore wafers, though i just ordered some NLS H20 soluble wafers and going to try those.

Back
Top Bottom