Best heater for a 6 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkoyko

Aquarium Advice Freak
So it's cold in Ohio and I had a little 15 watt aqueon heater in the tank but it was not keeping the tank warm enough now that the house has dropped into the 60s, so I went and bought an aqueon 50 watt heater and the tank is getting colder! Can anyone recommend a good heater?

I do have all of my heaters hooked up to thermostats so that there is a level of protection should the heater fail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you tried the Cobalt Neotherm? I personally don't trust Aqueon heaters or pet store brands either for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I haven't. I haven't even seen them around. Are they good?

I've been looking for better heaters but I heaters make me nervous with all the horror stories. I've ended up just grabbing a few aqueon heaters at a major pet store to keep them warm but I'm still terrified they will fry my fish.

My boyfriend has ordered the 6g an aqueon pro but it won't work with the thermostat so I'm kind of nervous to use it when it comes in.

There is a thread in the equipment section about heaters and the controllers you can buy to regulate them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thank you! I read through the thread and I'm definitely looking into grabbing one before it gets colder. I have time to order one before it hits. Thankfully in Ohio it's a different season every day and it be in the 70s and 60s for the next few weeks.

I know all about Midwest weather! I'm in Northern Indiana and we have the same seasonal change every hour. Lol

I know all about Midwest weather! I'm in Northern Indiana and we have the same seasonal change every hour. Lol

The only consistent weather here is rain on Halloween, lol

Back
Top Bottom