Best HOB Skimmer for 36-46 gal. Bow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Skimmer for 36-46 Gal.

• Aqua C Remora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cpr Backpack

• Coralife CSS 65 gal.

• Prizm Deluxe

• Other

• Total voters
G

I have to order my last piece of equip. and I am not sure on what is best. Hopefully poll will help.

Best HOB skimmer for 36-46 gal.

I have it listed in order that I though was best but would really appreciate your opinions.

You know what Fishfrik, I had the CSS on order and I quickly canceled it when I saw another thread about it being to big. I like the CSS for the price, however I did some reading about the Aqua Remora and it seems like a great skimmer. But is it worth the money is my question.

I used a Remora for 2 weeks, CSS for 5+ months. Here's what i observed:

Skimmate:

1. Remora skimmed 4 days = CSS skimmed 20 mins (Yep, my CSS went nuts the minute i took down the Remora and turned on the CSS)
2. Remora skimmate: wet yellow/brown Vs. CSS skimmate - wet dark brown (sometimes even black)

Noise:
Remora - Loud hissing noise
CSS - Silent humming noise

Maintenance:
Remora - Hard to clean the bottom of the skimmer. There are tons of scums in the skimmer which i can't clean.
CSS - Easy to take apart

Size:
CSS - Big pump
Remora - The bigger the pump, the bigger the skimmer's performance. So if you want it to skim really well, you'll have to get a big pump.

That's just my opinion on the skimmers. Correct me if im wrong

I voted for the Aqua C Remora. I have one and I love it. It is loud during the break in period but after that it really isnt that loud at all. I don't regret getting it at all.

Back
Top Bottom