Best light for best color? (Tiger Oscar)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patty1980

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 fixtures over my 55g with these bulbs. I want to know if there is a better bulb out there to get my juvenile Oscar to show more color? I have low light plants, so I've never considered upgrading for that purpose, but he really looked beautiful just now when we shined a brighter light in his tank momentarily. Just curious.

Attachments

• 1419919023443.jpg
    1419919023443.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 124
There should be a 'colour' equivalent of your daylight tube. These help to emphasise colours. I found that two colour tubes makes the colours stand out too much so opted for 1 colour and one daylight. Then fish that went to the rear of the tank shone and the faded when they came to the front which was annoying so I just put two daylight tubes back in as I was getting plants anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I was shopping the colormax. They aren't expensive at all so I can play with it. Just makin sure I wasn't missing anything better. Thanks guys.

Another alternative if you feel like changing fixtures at some point is to go with an LED light that has RGB lights on it, like the current usa satellite+. It lets you customize the colors.

:evil quivering voice: Get an led! current satellite plus!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom