Best lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep make sure they are the cree solderless leds. If you solderless idk but cree is what u want

Whenever u get it finished if thats the way you go id love to see some pics if u have the time to post,any

Should I do white or black lense colors. And what type of thermal adhesive should I get.

I am all for DIY (I DIY'ed my entire setup except for my current LED lights), but almost every DIY LED lighting system I saw looks like a frankenstein project with wires and drivers hanging out all over the place. If you don't mind that type of look, go for it.

If you want a more "finished" look, I highly recommend buying an LED system, but you will be hard pressed to find anything for less than $300 for a 4' tank.

These are very popular, but use only blue and white LED's. I use similar lights over my 125 and can grow and keep anything. 2 units will run you right around $300.
2 Dimmable 120W Marine Organism Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank LED Lamp White US | eBay

The next step up is a more full spectrum LED setup. These look real nice and they are what I would get now and would have bought when I got my LED's...but they were not available back then. They will run you a little over $400 for 2 units.
120W LED Full Spectrum Coral Reef Light 55 x 3W Bridgelux LED Brand New | eBay

Yes. I have 3 similar units over my 125.
LED-l-r_11-25-11.jpg

fts-r-l_11-26-12.jpg

Ok I am still going back and forth on doing it my self or buying them.

Yea it is hard to make your mind up on these things. If you do the diy you can make it look good, many people dont take there time and its there first time. I watched a video on one his turned out good ill try to find it. It was the exact same solderless leds from rapid led, but he used a couple different color leds.

Beautiful tank! Since we are talking lights here, I have a question about mine, I bought two exotic sun 120 watt LED fixtures from a friend who got out of the hobby. I am wondering if these lights will be good enough for my tank. I have a 110 gallon tank 48" and 28" deep hoping these lights will be good enough for any thing I choose to get clams,LPS, SPS, etc? Lights are 7 1/2" above my tank

Idk much about them but the look alot like taotronics im sure they can grow.most corals. For harder coral to grow like sps id put higer up which most people do even when tanks arent as deep. Put ur softies on the bottom aswell as mushrooms so that the tank will look even if you put sps and lps higher.

I know I have asked this before I am sorry for asking it again but for the rapid led solderless what all should I get so I can have any coral I want to keep.

What I told you earlier when you get the dimmable drivers you can either turn the led illumimation higher or lower depending on the coral. Also putting coral that needs alot of light place higher in your tank

Back
Top Bottom