Best Powerhead..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 55gal freshwater aquarium with cichlids, i have an emperor 400 marineland filter and i would like a marineland ph to match or any brand really, thanks in advance guys!

I have a Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 and honestly am not that impressed. I didn't buy it for my main tank, though; I use it as a circulation pump in my saltwater mixing bucket. For pure utility, yes, it works. But it's big, and a helluva lot noisier than my Koralia Nano 425s that I have in my tank.

I have a Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 and honestly am not that impressed. I didn't buy it for my main tank, though; I use it as a circulation pump in my saltwater mixing bucket. For pure utility, yes, it works. But it's big, and a helluva lot noisier than my Koralia Nano 425s that I have in my tank.

really? i kinda saw that coming, when i first saw one, i thought to myself holy crap this is tiny! i still dont know the rule of thumb on GPH rating versus tank size.. anyone..?

I use 2 of the aqueon 500 pumps one at each end and angled downward one towards front and one towards back and they keep a good current and don't let anything settle on my sand. Had the 950 and its a monster. Too much flow. They're not huge but not small and are silent and easy to clean. Here's their site. Can get at any chain store. In pic u can see them

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/circulation-pumps.htm.

Attachments

• image-2112563975.jpg
    image-2112563975.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 83
I use 2 of the aqueon 500 pumps one at each end and angled downward one towards front and one towards back and they keep a good current and don't let anything settle on my sand. Had the 950 and its a monster. Too much flow. They're not huge but not small and are silent and easy to clean. Here's their site. Can get at any chain store. In pic u can see them

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/circulation-pumps.htm.

but what kind of filter system are you using..?

Canister. Ohhhh are you looking to use w an under gravel? If so what substrate and what sort of fish?

Canister. Ohhhh are you looking to use w an under gravel? If so what substrate and what sort of fish?

no i have an marineland emperor 400 hob filter, its on the right side of the tank with good circulation, but my left side is very still, so im looking for a good ph im looking into the hydor koralia 750, anyone wanna chime in, any experience with these..?

I love my 425s, and will be adding a 550 to my FW tank (which has 2 penguin 200 HOBs).

I love my 425s, and will be adding a 550 to my FW tank (which has 2 penguin 200 HOBs).

425 what..? were getting a little off topic guys lol i want a good ph for my tank and where should i put it in the tank and where should it be pointed..?

425 what..? were getting a little off topic guys lol i want a good ph for my tank and where should i put it in the tank and where should it be pointed..?

Koralia 425...the little brother of the one you mentioned.

I'm running a Koralia 750 in my 60g along with a Fluval 406 and a AC 110 and its perfect. Keeps the sand pretty clear. Easy to adjust where you want the pressure to go.

I'm running a Koralia 750 in my 60g along with a Fluval 406 and a AC 110 and its perfect. Keeps the sand pretty clear. Easy to adjust where you want the pressure to go.

Where should I face it and where should I put it in the tank..?

If you wanted movement I would face it upwards if possible and have it on left side I have a spray bar small hob and big hob so I don't have any dead spots

If you wanted movement I would face it upwards if possible and have it on left side I have a spray bar small hob and big hob so I don't have any dead spots

Way ahead of you bro lol it's been pumping for a while now, my sand is spotless, and fish are happy

Back
Top Bottom