Best salt mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeferyan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is everyones favorite salt mix. I want low-cost good parameters and I want it to mix clearly and fast

The key to success is attention to the details of the details of the details

Instant ocean is the most commonly used. Its affordable and a good quality.

I prefer io too! Great minds think alike!

yeah i use IO RC just cause i cant afford red sea for what my local places charges.

I never liked Red Sea. Their products are good but inconsistent in my opinion.

Kent reef salt 14 bucks for a 50 gallon bucket get it online though pet stores like to jack the price I can get 2 online for the same price as my lfs charges for 1

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kent reef salt 14 bucks for a 50 gallon bucket get it online though pet stores like to jack the price I can get 2 online for the same price as my lfs charges for 1

Why do you like it

$14 for 50 gallons of salt water?

Salt mix, not premixed. You make it at home. Enough salt to make 50 gallons.

I've used IO, IO Reef crystals and Red Sea coral pro. Really no difference between coral pro and reef crystals that I've seen. I still have to dose no matter what mix I use.

I used to use instant ocean but it wouldn't dissolve all the way so I switched to the kent reef salt and it dissolves fast the waters clear and it has all the trace elements I need to keep my coral happy. I only have a bio cube though so depending on the size aquarium u have you might have to add stuff. It's cheep and it's been working pretty good for my aquarium

I used to use instant ocean but it wouldn't dissolve all the way so I switched to the kent reef salt and it dissolves fast the waters clear and it has all the trace elements I need to keep my coral happy. I only have a bio cube though so depending on the size aquarium u have you might have to add stuff. It's cheep and it's been working pretty good for my aquarium

I have a biocube 29. What kind of Coral do you have

I have a bio cube 8 I downsized because I just moved. Right now I have 3 Kenyan trees, 1 cabbage,1 umbrella, red green blue and brown mushrooms, and I have some brown button polyps

I have a bio cube 8 I downsized because I just moved. Right now I have 3 Kenyan trees, 1 cabbage,1 umbrella, red green blue and brown mushrooms, and I have some brown button polyps

If you want some frags email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you have in your aquarium?

What do you have in your aquarium?

Sps Los softies and a gorg and nem

Sps Los softies and a gorg and nem

Sorry lps stupid autoc

Are you using the stock t5s? They don't make a good retrofit kit for this size so it will have to wait until I set my 44 gallon up again. I have metal halides for that. I've found 1 retrofit kit for this aquarium but I don't have much faith in LEDs

Are you using the stock t5s? They don't make a good retrofit kit for this size so it will have to wait until I set my 44 gallon up again. I have metal halides for that. I've found 1 retrofit kit for this aquarium but I don't have much faith in LEDs

I have the stock pcs but if you keep your bulbs fresh they will grow the SPS Coral just fine

Not to mention they also give good color

Back
Top Bottom