Best water conditioner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glene20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been using prime. Has anybody else used any other brands they would recommend? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Glene20:

I've used API StressCoat in the past and been satisfied with it, but Prime is definitely my product of choice.

-Yorg

I've been using prime. Has anybody else used any other brands they would recommend? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Prime... anything else is uncivilized..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i use prime in my 200 galon tank 4 capfuls after useing my python to to gravel vac dont even turn off my filters put the prime in after taking a third of the water out then refill it with tap water never had a problem

anyone else notice Prime smells like farts? Do I just have a bad bottle?

I just got Seachem Safe to replace Prime when my bottle runs out. Safe is a powdered, more concentrated version of Prime. A little goes a long way, so it ends up being a lot cheaper than Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just got Seachem Safe to replace Prime when my bottle runs out. Safe is a powdered, more concentrated version of Prime. A little goes a long way, so it ends up being a lot cheaper than Prime.

Yeah, but no more excuse to go to the lfs :(

API has done the job for me for years. I used Prime for a while but too expensive, didn't feel the need for it so went back to API. I use the concentrated, drop or two per gallon has been doing the job for me.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

API has done the job for me for years. I used Prime for a while but too expensive, didn't feel the need for it so went back to API. I use the concentrated, drop or two per gallon has been doing the job for me.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Prime may be ablittle more expensive... but a 500ml bottle is enough for 5,000 gallons. Thats far more concentrated than api conditioners making it a lot cheaper in the long run.

Think the liquid stinks?? Wait until you get a whiff of the powder version "safe"... like it was scraped off the walls of a cows.......

My dogs are raw fed, I occasionally order them raw green tripe. It's not grocery store tripe but straight from the cows' stomach slimy, stinky nasty crap...omg insanely bad smell but the dogs love and it's is soooo good for them :hide:

I use tetra. Is there a big difference between brands of water conditioners?

Back
Top Bottom