Best way to add fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I going to be adding fish in tomorrow and I really don't wanna move rocks around one there heavy and two I just setup the tank there are already 3 mbuna cichlids a red zebra a ice blue red top and a hap the red zebra and ice blue already claim spots so I know that's gotta get messed up and I know a water change might help but what else can I do to ensure that the three new fish will make it lol thanks

Add them at once so one doesn't get singled out. Better to do it at night with lights off when fish are less active. Even if you don't redecorate, make sure there are enough hiding places.

I had a really aggressive cichlid and the only way i could add fish was to take him out and put in a diffrent tank and change the surroundings in the tank and try cichlid stones they helped a lot with me

I have a rough bunch and my nyerereis ganged up and almost killed 1 so i changed my way to add fish.. i used to just rearrange and leave off lights ..

Now i dont even have to rearrange i still leave off the lights but after acclimating the new ones i get my hubby to drop food in on the opposite side while im dropping the fish all at once on the other end.. had no problems they dont even notice them now

Yea the problem is that there's only 3 cichlids in now and I just did a new arraignment and stuff in the tank re arraignment would suck lol so I thought maybe a water change then adding the fish would be cool and maybe mess up the spots they dug out in the sand and the feeding thing and I'm also adding more then one fish jw I really trying to skip the whole moving things it's just bin done 3 days ago

image-2589926389.jpg

IMO since you just rerarranged i wouldnt bother with doing it again..like you said a pwc and moving the sand back should be enough.. then the feeding ...

Last time i did it i added 4 acei and right away they went for the food took a piece right in front of my nyererei male which is my boss and nothing even happened bc.he was to busy eating to care...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom