Best Way to Diffuse Diy CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ma2oo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys! What is the best way to diffuse the diy co2 into my 25 gallon aquarium. I have 1 2L bottle with a mixture and bubble counter. Not really sure the best way to put into tank. Currently there are just big bubbles rising to the surface and popping.

Amazon swords
Java moss
Jungle Val (13) :)
Java Fern

Lighting - two 14 watt bulb fixture (Coralife t5no)
Two HOB filters (One Aqueon, One Aquaclear)
Thanks!

Look up the Hagen Mini Elite CO2 diffuser mod. There's some YouTube vids too.

Edit: here you go...

Last edited:
When I did diy co2 I just put it under a power head that spread the tiny bubbles all across the plants
Pretty common way but it works.

I don't think you need co2 for those plants by the way
:)

I'm using the Hagen elite filter for diffusion. It works very well and is not expensive in the least.

The plants won't get any CO2 from those big bubbles. The best way is to get CO2 diffuser or put the airtube into the filters if you can.
I used the 3 in 1 CO2 diffuser for my DIY set-up before and it worked just fine. Bought it on ebay

Get some suction cups and a tiny airstone... Place the airstone near the bottom of the tank and use the suction cups to hold the hose there so obviously the stone wont move.. Then place a powerhead above it.. and position it so the bubble from the airstone go into the powerhead... You will have thousands of tiny co2 bubbles in the tank doing that..

That's what I do to my 27g hex and it works really good... way better then any glass diffusor

Back
Top Bottom