best way to diffuse DIY CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks 7Enigma! I was looking at the AC powerheads, so I guess I'll get one of them. I have had good luck with the AC HOBs...so I like the brand.

I was hoping to get a little more water movement on one side of the tank, so I may start the PH at the top and see how that works. I don't have enough water movement on that side since I removed the HOB, so I hope the powerhead will help, as well as break up CO2 bubbles.

Thanks again. :)

I have a 6 gallon tank and use a 50ml conical tube from work. I just drilled a hole in the bottom of this 1.5" diameter, 5" long plastic tube big enough for the airline to go in the bottom. Then I stuffed the top with a small ball of filter floss. My plants are growing out the top of the aquarium!

You use an elbow, that is inserted into the top, the water swirls downward starting at a horizontal.

All the parts are laid out before you, you just assemble them.
Should not be anything you over think, spend more than 15 minutes on etc.

Just follow the picture, it's very straight forward.
A lighter is used to melt the holes, I make a small x shape cut in the top rubber cap to get the elbow worked in, that's the hardest part.

If you have more questions, go the BarrReport site and look up the thread.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Attachments

• resized_inside_132.jpg
    resized_inside_132.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 159
  • explodedresized_530.jpg
    explodedresized_530.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 32
  • burphole_124.jpg
    burphole_124.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 156
  • venturi1__1_399.jpg
    venturi1__1_399.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 49
bump again :)

7Enigma (or anyone), I have a powerhead question. I just got an AC 30 and inserted my DIY CO2 airline into the intake. I have adjusted the PH as much as I know how and the flow is still way too much. I adjusted the knotch on the bottom and am using the venturi valve thing. Is there any way to adjust it more? This is my first PH so I'm kind of lost.

i dont own a aquaclear but looking at pictures of it you can put a sponge on the intake with the co2 tubing going through it this will slow down the amount of water flow coming through hope that helps.

The round part directly under the powerhead will turn and allow flow control. I have 2 in my 75G. Take the PH out and pull it apart, you will see what you need to turn and how it opens and closes the flow gate. It is adjustable.

Awesome! Thanks...I will try the round part. If that doesn't help, I'll try a sponge, although I don't know if it will fit with my airline going into the intake. :)

Back
Top Bottom