Best way to raise GH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nitrate should be in pps pro shouldnt it? Did your ferts come premixed or in individual bags?

I guess I really dont know much about pps pro. Im an EI guy myself.

What does that mean in laming terms?

GH is not the cause of making a algae outbreak? That a other problem i have. Its probably because i have to low nitrate. to fix that i have to add fishs or add drops off ammonia (not recommended i know) would solve the problem. Can I buy Nitrate in a dry fertilizer lol.

You are right, i don't like the big fluctuation in my GH. fish or shrimp probably feel the effect and that why your here and i am here to find a way. It seem GH booster is the way to go.

You can get KNO3 at aquariumfertilizer.com that is going to be the best way to add nitrates to your tank.

What is the mix you are using for PPS-Pro, are you following the all the rules including for lights on hours. PPS Pro is pretty restrictive IMO.

I dose EI on my tank and it works great.

Craig

I got my EI ferts at Green Leaf Aquarium. There are plenty of options. You might also check for a local hydroponics store if you have them.

I also didnt like pps' approach. Every tank has different needs, and a rigid dosing plan is like a one-size-fits-all hat.

... I've never had a one-size-fits-all hat fit.....

I got my EI ferts at Green Leaf Aquarium. There are plenty of options. You might also check for a local hydroponics store if you have them.

I also didnt like pps' approach. Every tank has different needs, and a rigid dosing plan is like a one-size-fits-all hat.

... I've never had a one-size-fits-all hat fit.....

Your right again, it was hard. holy cr..p i had algae. but know i all most adjusted.

ok more nitrate i will do that, no problem.

ok back to they GH, i don't know if i miss they answer

How to remove they fluctuation? i am guessing that i have to add more fertilizer in the day and some at night to keep the 120 gh range?

What i usually do is, add some in the morning before the light is on. Thats it

eddit, for me fluctuation = algae and fish death

I just adjsut my GH once a week on water change as I use Pure RO/DI water. I set my KH to 2 my GH to 3-4. I don't touch or test it again will the following week after I do my waterchange.

Craig

If you're attentive, you the can use algae to your advantage.

My thoughts on this are like this: many people have relationship with their fish. Oscars are a great example of this. For me, I have a relationship with my tank. My tank talks to me. It tells me what it wants, what it needs, what it has too much of. Your fish, your plants, and your algae are all ways that your tank's ecosystem can show you whenever somethings wrong. The big challenge is learning to speak this language.

Craigthor said:
I just adjsut my GH once a week on water change as I use Pure RO/DI water. I set my KH to 2 my GH to 3-4. I don't touch or test it again will the following week after I do my waterchange.

Craig

Do you see a change in your gh over the course of the week? My gut feeling is that it would change relatively little.

If you're attentive, you the can use algae to your advantage.

My thoughts on this are like this: many people have relationship with their fish. Oscars are a great example of this. For me, I have a relationship with my tank. My tank talks to me. It tells me what it wants, what it needs, what it has too much of. Your fish, your plants, and your algae are all ways that your tank's ecosystem can show you whenever somethings wrong. The big challenge is learning to speak this language.

yep, shrimp want to leave they aquarium. lol.
algae on front glass

edit: not realy funny, i think they don't like the fluctuation

Craig

don't now Pure RO/DI water, There are filter right. Here in Canada the water is real good. so a normal fine filter should be ok right.

Fine filters wont pick up dissolved particles. Di/ro water is only a starting point, such that KH and GH are 0. There are contraptions that you can buy that runs the water through a membrane to extract the molecules dissolved in it.

aqua_chem said:
Fine filters wont pick up dissolved particles. Di/ro water is only a starting point, such that KH and GH are 0. There are contraptions that you can buy that runs the water through a membrane to extract the molecules dissolved in it.

You what to do that do remove fluctuation in water? and possible toxic ?

Back
Top Bottom