Best way to transport fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Everyone,

I'm lucky enough or unlucky enough to live about an hour outside of Houston. The reason I mention that is that it means I have access to a few serious pet stores with good stock.

I'm going to buy 8 different species of cichlids in one day and some may be hard to get on any given day. My plan is to make a Google Map of the 8 pet stores I'm going to look at and start at the closest and move out from there the furthest being another hour.

The reason I'm doing this is so that I can get the best of the best, I don't want to buy a fish and the next store have a better one. So all purchases will be made on the return trip.

What with distance, traffic and time spent looking this will be an all day adventure.

What can I do to insure I don't overstress my fish?

Thanks
MeCasa

well, it's safe to say that your fish will be stressed during the trip. what i would do next is by getting a good cooler that prevents temperature swing. some people even convert their cooler into a mini tank just for the purpose. also, when you buy the fish from the lfs, make sure you have them in the biggest bag possible. the bigger the bag, the more water, thus more cushioning for the fish during the bumpy trip.

Back
Top Bottom