Beta sorority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has one?? What are they? A group of female bettas? They just swim together??? Anybody gave a pictures? I have never seen more than one beta per tank soo.. I was just wondering..

Fishie said:
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has one?? What are they? A group of female bettas? They just swim together??? Anybody gave a pictures? I have never seen more than one beta per tank soo.. I was just wondering..

Its a tank of all female bettas. I use to have a group in a 20 gallon back when I use to breed them. There needs to be plenty of cover and breaks in the line of sight. The females can be pretty mean to each other.

I recently split up my sorority of 6 females. Althought I was lucky enough that no one did serious damage to eachother, after many months and many tank re-arrangements, adding more tall plants, etc, they still really did not enjoy eachothers company. Ultimately I split them up just because they didn't seem happy. I have many bettas in many different kinds of settings and I could tell this just wasn't the way to go. Maybe in a very large very heavily planted tank it would be more successful, but still, they just spend their lives trying to stay away from eachother, which doesn't look like fun. I would instead do a community with a betta. I have males and females in community settings that do fantastic. Some will report keeping more than one female together long term successfully but this is the exception, not the rule. One betta per tank is the way to go IMO.

Back
Top Bottom