Betta attacking or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revenantwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I introduced a platy to my tank and my betta flaring and swimming in circles. Its been about 10m and i havent really seen him attack the platy. Just staring and flaring. My Platy seems calm and is just sitting there peacefully. Will he eventually stop and get used to him?

That tank isn't a good size for a Platy, especially when you add a Betta in the mix. Bettas are too territorial to have another tank mate in a tank that small, in MOST cases.

Watch him closely... If you see any pecking, take the betta out, rearrange the deco, and then put him back in. This messes up his territory, and tones down aggression.

can i take out the betta for a week or so? and then reintroduce it back in with the platy?

left him out for a couple of minutes with decorations moved and hes still flaring & pecking

Well then.. I guess that gives you an excuse to upgrade to a ten gallon! Lol. Then the mean old betta can keep to himself, and the platy can live and swim happily! Check out the link in my sig on fishless cycling first though!

i guess i will. the only thing im afraid of is the weight of 10 gallons on 1 side of my desk

My dresser had one on one side for a while. Now it holds two ten gallons. I guess a desk is a little different though.

i guess i will. the only thing im afraid of is the weight of 10 gallons on 1 side of my desk

Can you upload a picture of your desk? We might be able to help you assess if it can handle the weight of a full 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom