betta beat constipation, what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephanie2018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My male beta has been bloated for about a week now. I also noticed his scales "pine coming". So I treated him for both constipation and with dropsy medication. I performed regular water changes and gave him a few Epsom salt paths. Yesterfay, after him fasting for a week, he pooped and his swelling is down considerably .He is also more active. How should I wean him back onto a regular diet? I'm worried about giving him too much too fast.

I feed mine 3 pellets once a day 6 days a week and skip a feeding on Monday, I also throw in a little greens or brine shrimp when I give my other tank frozen stuff. I would start with 1 pellet twice/three times a day then skip a day an keep doing that till your back to normal, I would really skip a day of feeding, also a Betta will eat till they explode, there is a pic showing how to judge what is too much food, I wish I had it but I'm on phone and at work, you could google Betta feeding maybe and find it, basically feed just enough so the belt is just starting to show, their stomach is only as big as their eye

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom