Betta breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have my girl and boy betta in separate tanks so they can see each other. They have been like this for a day but the male isn't building a nest. Should I swap it with my more aggressive male that builds MASSIVE nests?
PS the female is definitely ready for breeding. She is super fat and has very visible vertical stripes as well as a visible white spot :D

You could but remove her right after breeding, she will most likely be killed by the male after breeding, if you can't put lots of hiding spots in the tank

Why don't you try ur original boy and girl betta together in the same tank but only use 6inches of water and plenty hiding places and make it dark for them and increase the temperature a little and they should breed in no time then just remove the female good luck

dennywright said:
Why don't you try ur original boy and girl betta together in the same tank but only use 6inches of water and plenty hiding places and make it dark for them and increase the temperature a little and they should breed in no time then just remove the female good luck

The original meaning the aggressive?

Back
Top Bottom