betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahammcmillan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone describe the eggs development stage. My friends betta had spawned and Im a bit concerned as she was expecting tails to pop out after 24 hours as that is what all our research said. It's by 24 hours and the eggs are no bigger from the moment of spawning. Should The eggs be alto bigger as I find it hard to believe a fish is due yo pop out at this stage

The eggs don't really get any bigger before they hatch. They look about the same until the tails pop out, which can take between 24-48 hours. What's the temp in the tank? Warmer water means faster hatching.

Depend on the water temperature and softnes it take aprox 48 hours for the egg to hatch (higher temperature = faster hatch but fish would be dement due to high temperature) I use heater at 28-29C and it takes aprox 2 and half day for the egg to hatch and tails often pop up at 30+ hours few hours before the hatch occurs, don't forget to separate the fry when they are free swimming this is when their yolk sack is gone so the belly isn't fat round and yellow looking this is where you separate them and use microworms for month or so to feed them this works better then bbs and its cheaper to run in long term

Depend on the water temperature and softnes it take aprox 48 hours for the egg to hatch (higher temperature = faster hatch but fish would be dement due to high temperature) I use heater at 28-29C and it takes aprox 2 and half day for the egg to hatch and tails often pop up at 30+ hours few hours before the hatch occurs, don't forget to separate the fry when they are free swimming this is when their yolk sack is gone so the belly isn't fat round and yellow looking this is where you separate them and use microworms for month or so to feed them this works better then bbs and its cheaper to run in long term

Thanks for the help. None of them survived, alot of mistakes were made. She has five female fighters and you can see eggs on 3 of them so hopefuly it wont be long before we can try again and know exactly what to do

Back
Top Bottom