Betta Colour Enhancers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IsaacCelis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

Just had a quick question about these "colour enhancers". Was just wondering waht these really are and are they safe?

Thanks alot for the help!

Isaac

if you are using good brands then yes. i assume they all are fine though some brands are better then others. different things you feed can bring out different colors.

hey thanks for the quick reply!

based on maybe your experience do you know maybe like a couple things that for sure bring out certain colours?

I'm really not a fan of using hormones or other chemicals to bring out a fish's colors. A high-quality diet and a healthy environment is all that's needed for your fish to display great colors.

Lighting can make a huge difference in the way your fish look. My guppies look pale blue under normal 6700K fluorescent lighting. I added a ColorMax bulb and the fish really popped. They glow electric blue on their heads and dark blue-black with royal blue streaks on the rest of their bodies and tails. I couldn't believe how much difference a light bulb made.

Back
Top Bottom