Betta death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Iv had my betta in the same tank since I got him and there were no problems.
Two days ago he started to loose his color and get really pale so I moved him into my other tank with a separator which was warmer.
He was eating and swimming fine but then I got home from work and he was dead :(
I don't know what could have happened to him?

There are a lot of factors that could have killed your betta...

Parameters, temperature, tankmates if you kept any with your betta...info would be needed to diagnose what caused the death.

im sorry about your betta :( did he show any other symptoms?

No the only symptom was the paleness...
I tested the water from his old tank once I moved him and everything was normal...
He wasn't in a heated tank but the temperature was always at 75 never, ever, ever below. No tankmates either

Did he jump out of the water any time recently? What have you fern feeding him over feeding can cause a blockage in the digestive track casing death

I'm having the same problem with my split-tail betta. Only thing is I didn't move him, he's in a tank with 2other bettas(separated of course) and he just got pale and started geting frayed fins.

No he never jumped out of the water and I always fed him flakes with blackworms for a treat, and I know their stomach is the size of their eyeball so I never over feed. And only twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom