Betta doing headstand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my girlfriends betta Freddie is in his five gallon tank and he just props up on the heater and puts his body in a vertical position, should I be worried about sickness or what? Any clues?

Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate 15 all normal levels there's nothing wrong with the water and idk why he's doing that

It could be stressed, have swim bladder issues, or there could be too much water flow in the tank

He's been in the tank two weeks after moving about two hours back to college, the tank is steady at 78-79 degrees

Yes it's cycled, I transfer my filter pad with the fish that way the tank cycles
immediately

Big-j said:
Yes it's cycled, I transfer my filter pad with the fish that way the tank cycles
immediately

No it doesn't. Did you transfer bio media? If you did then it does...

The tank is cycled. :) What is your water change schedule? Is the Betta eating?
What do you feed it and how much?

You could start with something simple like changing the water, fasting him for a day, and then try feeding him a thawed, de-shelled frozen pea. If he's constipated, that should help. If not, then we'll have to look at other causes.

Used filter pads are biomedia so yes the tank is cycled and as for feeding he gets tetra flakes everyday but Wednesday's that's fasting day

Back
Top Bottom