Betta emergency!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhloeM

Aquarium Advice Activist
someone please help me i'm freaking out. i was gone for two days and all of my pets were under the care of my father and sister. well i came home to my favorite fish, my betta zeus, lying not moving next to the filter and gasping. i immediately put him in a 1 gallon hospital bowl and checked him out. he did not eat any of his food the whole time, and there are pellets all over the tank. he is super clamped and barely breathing. he's lethargic and has trouble swimming. i shined a flashlight on him and would swear that i see a shiny orange/gold color next to his gills and on his fins. his face looks different too. it looks like there are more white spots, but you cant tell from pictures i dont think.

before ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431564963.484724.jpg

afterImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431565044.170789.jpg

i'm begging you, please help me. i can't lose him, he is my little angel and will forever be my favorite fish. i don't know what else to do! i put stress coat in the water, a little bit of AQ salt, and some maracyn which usually always helps my bettas. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

What happened? What was he in? Test the water??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What happened? What was he in? Test the water??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i don't know what happened. he was in a 5 gallon tank, and the water was fine except i don't know what the ammonia was. as i said above, i was not home. i tested it right before i left and everything was fine, but i was not home and i don't know what the water is now. he's not in the tank anymore

You said there was pellets everywhere?

Ammonia burn on his gills. Caused by serious over feeding resulting in decomposing food. That's my diagnosis.

Caleb

You said there was pellets everywhere?

Ammonia burn on his gills. Caused by serious over feeding resulting in decomposing food. That's my diagnosis.

Caleb

he is out of that water now and is being treated, i hope it works. they only fed him 3 pellets each day, but for some reason he didn't eat them and they were sitting on the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom