Betta fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreek

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi

I've had my Betta for about a year, and when i got him his Fins looked torn, but i assumed they would heal. Almost a year later it hasn't changed one bit. He's in a 10 gallon with another male Betta, 4 ghost shrimp, and a bristlenose pleco. I do 25% water changes every 2 or 3 weeks. He is very active and doesn't seem sick at all. I also treated him for fit rot, but it did nothing.

What do you think is wrong with him? :(

Attachments

• IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 55
Well first BP get to big for a 10 gallon. Second the fins might be because male betta are extremely aggressive to other males, and they were fighting.

I can't believe that you have 2 males in a tank together? Do you have a divider in there? If not he is losing the battles and you need a divider.

Up your water changes to 50% weekly with a bit of aquarium salt.

Watch those shrimp! Betta's like to lay around and I wouldn't put it past Ghosts to pick at the fins.

Oops! I forgot to mention that I do have a divider and they are not fighting :) I've just moved the shrimp to my other 5gal aquarium to make sure they don't nip his fins

Well first BP get to big for a 10 gallon. Second the fins might be because male betta are extremely aggressive to other males, and they were fighting.

My BP is 3 years and she's about 3 inches. if she gets larger i'll make sure to put her in my 20g :)

Ya just doing water changes often can help a lot. Good to know that you have a divider in the tank too.

Back
Top Bottom