Betta Fin Type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just completely out of curiosity, what is your favorite betta fin type?

I had always kept veil tails until my last two. I decided to try something new and go with the crowntail. At first I wasn't a fan of it but it quickly grew on me especially when I'd just see his silhouette floating through the water. So, my favorite is the crowntail.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You made the right choice.

He's okay, I would have rather had a plakatt. My LFS has been getting Plakatts in that look like this.
fwbettashmp1418422975.jpg

They are a bit out of my price range though tbh

Awesome looking fish but I've never been a fan of the plakats. What's the appeal to you?

The bright colors. For some reason the colors of the plakatts are way way brighter than the larger tail bettas. Also, due to their tail size they are more suited to higher flow.

Depends on the betta's colorations, but I usually like Halfmoons or Crowntails. That said, if I'm planning on having the betta in a community tank, I prefer the king sized plakats. Less tempting a target for fin nips and better able to handle themselves.

I like all sorts. My HMPK was a black/blue. And my last veil turned out to be pink/yellow and clear/cellophane at edges of fins.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418346633.835791.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418346658.668267.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom