Betta fish BIOTOPE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally i got the time and budget to start a 20g long betta biotope, i would like to know best substrate for the aquarium since i want to build a biotope from thailand.

Also i would love some tips, and remember, if i want to build a biotope, im not newbie in this hobby. But ive never had so many options to start with. I need a guide at the beginning

Finally i got the time and budget to start a 20g long betta biotope, i would like to know best substrate for the aquarium since i want to build a biotope from thailand.

Also i would love some tips, and remember, if i want to build a biotope, im not newbie in this hobby. But ive never had so many options to start with. I need a guide at the beginning

I would do a sandy bottom with leafs and debris if you want it natural. Then lots of floating plants for him to hang out.

Okay, thanks
But i really need something more specific cause i breed bettas but i never tried to recreate his natural original habitat and fauna
I would do a sandy bottom with leafs and debris if you want it natural. Then lots of floating plants for him to hang out.

Okay, thanks
But i really need something more specific cause i breed bettas but i never tried to recreate his natural original habitat and fauna

Cattapa leaves are what you’re looking for. And look for spider wood pieces. The substrate will depend on the plants you want or don’t want.

Thailand plants only, blyxa spp,*hygrophila corymbosa,*pogostemon helferi,*cyperus helferi*and by introduction there could be java fern and java moss.

"geographical area has iron rich substrates and laterite deposits. Lots of mud and sediment as well. Plenty of organic matter especially in the peat swamps. But I wouldn't recommend the peat in your substrate as it can lead to an overabundance of organic matter. reddish sand or Flourite.
Cattapa leaves are what you’re looking for. And look for spider wood pieces. The substrate will depend on the plants you want or don’t want.

Thailand plants only, blyxa spp,*hygrophila corymbosa,*pogostemon helferi,*cyperus helferi*and by introduction there could be java fern and java moss.

"geographical area has iron rich substrates and laterite deposits. Lots of mud and sediment as well. Plenty of organic matter especially in the peat swamps. But I wouldn't recommend the peat in your substrate as it can lead to an overabundance of organic matter. reddish sand or Flourite.

It’s really hard to do a 100% biotope especially in a small tank. Water quality can be hard to control. You want have sandy bottoms in the wild but it would make things easier to balance with all the other organics

Back
Top Bottom