Betta fish heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmglus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a rescued betta fish who has never had a heater before and he's getting one in the mail (hopefully) today. It is a marina c10 preset to 78 degree heater, and I was wondering if there would be any problems to giving him a heater when he's never had one in his life before?

Just make surr the filter is calibrated before you turn it on, or some need you to leave it in the tank for a while for the internal thermastat gets the measurenment right. Just make sure you dont crank the temp up to the temp that they need (cause it might stress the betta out). Just increase the temp slowly, and you should be good.

Oh i didnt read that it is preset oops :/ if you put it in and let it sit for a day then you could turn it on and then you would be good most likely.

Oh i didnt read that it is preset oops :/ if you put it in and let it sit for a day then you could turn it on and then you would be good most likely.

So basically let the heater (off) sit and acclimate for a day to the water temperature before turning it on?

Yeah, as long as you dont have to calibrate it yourself, like i think the Ehiem Jagers need you do that.

I don't think I need to, then again I don't have the directions yet. Thanks for the information, but do you think the fish would be stressed out from the temperature change?

Maybe but just for a little bit, it would okay though. Just keep it at the same temp for a while to reduce the stress on temp changes.

Back
Top Bottom