Betta has Fin Rot! One died already..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyAquatail109

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently one of my bettas, Scarlet, died because of an open sore. It showed flesh on her. I think what happened was that the fin rot moved up to its body. I did a lot of water changes, and the tank is cycled, but it was too late :(
(Ph is 7.0)
My other betta, Jade, has fin rot. Her fins are ragged and slighly white. What do I do? I have cory catfish so I can't add salt.
Please help!

Keep on going with the water changes. Pristine water is the best bet for fin rot. Are you positive it's fin rot?

Sure you can!

I also keep a male Siamese Fighting Fish with Emerald Cory's, and I'll assume that you don't know it, but, yes!, You certainly CAN use Aquarium salt in your water (and should)! If your Cory's are the Emerald Cory's species than they would be absolutely fine in lightly salted freshwater, since emerald Cory's are not even a true species of Cory anyway, nor are they even a scale-less species of fish either, that is a huge misconception, probably because true Cory's are scale-less. Huh? ya don't believe me?, well, OK .. ummm .. just go look very closely at an emerald, we'll wait :whistle: yep!, it's just like I said ain't it? They actually DO have scales on them don't they. :brows: lol Or you could just give your Siamese Fighting fish (often erroneously called Betta's) a salt bath in any clean cup, bowl or pot once per day over the next two weeks if your at all worried about adding salt to your tank. I use one of them plastic 20 ounce "Solo" brand cups for salt baths. Clean, warm (80f degrees), de-chlorinated tap water, 1 teaspoon aquarium salt, and let him sit in the cup for about 30 minutes, than return him to his normal tank. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom