Betta neon tetras and glowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright so I need to know something as I have recently had a problem with the petsmart by me. I have kept a betta in the past with neon tetras and it did fine. It did not try to kill or eat anyone. I go to petsmart today and this guy and girl were working there in the fish department and we're being flirty. I tried to ask a question about one of my glofish in my other tank that is acting aggressive towards all the other fish in the tank and they first ignored me and then made fun of my question and looked at me like I'm stupid. I later proceeded to try and get a betta but they would not let me purchase it after they asked what my tank size was and what was in it. I have a 20g long tank with plenty of hiding places and just tetras in it I wanted to get a betta with it and the guy said no you can't put it in with tetras it will eat them. (wtf) then he thought it was funny to joke saying they can eat a whole salmon. I got mad tried talking to a manager and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Is this true with what this guy said about bettas and how can I solve the problem with my glowfish? It's attacking it's own species :(

Bettas can attack tetras but they surely can't eat them. I really see no problem but each betta has a unique personality.

Your tetras with the betta will most likely be fine with plenty of decor.

Back
Top Bottom