Betta - Popeye and then some

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemmy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Used test strips

Gh: 30 (up until a few days ago it was 80-120
Kh: 80
Ph: 7.0
NO2: 0
NO3: 0
NH3: 0 (i think; API liquid test is bright yellow)

Tank: 2 gallons, TopFin garbage w/ charcoal filter - waiting for him to heal before butting him into 5 gal planted tannin tank. Heated.

New fish caretaker, done a lot of research, but lost here...

He got popeye in left eye 1 week ago - bulging, slightly cloudy, with some blood near the bottom - assumed it was injury based on internet research and an ornament that was tipped over that day.

Since then I've been using Imagitarium Bacterial Infection Remedy (jic) - dosing every other day; alternating with 50% water changes on off days.

Today he is swollen under his chin, just between the pectoral fins (constipation?) he is not eating starting today and just crouched on the bottom in the corned under the heater.

Worst part: today i found he missing some flesh next to his gill with some white around the edge. see photo. Considering starting a Maracyn Two regimen + aquarium salt ASAP.

But the internet is not telling me clearly what this is...would love some experienced advice! Thank you.

lemmy 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom