Betta problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sproutyrouty

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've had this Betta about 9 months now and he's had a very up and down life with his fins as he keeps losing them and growing them back.

This morning I woke up and he was stuck in the side of the filter I presume because he's too weak to swim away. When I released him he dropped to the bottom of the tank and I thought he was dead as I went to get him out he moved so wasn't dead.

I've attached a picture of his current state as he wont move off the bottom of the tank, I'd say he hasn't eaten for at least 5 days now as he wont come to the top of the tank so my other fish eat it all, he has gradually just got worse and worse.

The LPC has recommended some fin rot treatment but I'm unsure to if he is too far gone for it to work.

P.s water is fine Ive tested it.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448197460.248703.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448197474.552711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you treated for any possible parasites? Prazipro is very gentle on fish while being very effective. You can soak food in it to get it into the fish without worrying about injury. I've used this method with countless loaches

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's not parasites if anything it's fin rot he basically is laying on the bed of the tank when I check he's not dead he wiggles his body a bit then just flops back down

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom