Betta tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, do you think something like a black and white Molly or a full black or full white fish would be alright?

I can't honestly answer because with Betta there is a million variables. You see bettas that kill anything that moves and you see others in community tanks swimming with other fish....

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I normally wouldn't recommend a molly in a 10 gallon. It can be done but they get a little big for it and produce a lot of waste. I think a small school of neons may work, but don't hold me to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only real plus with the neons would be that they are faster. As Caleb mentioned their colors could be a problem, but I could see a molly vs betta death fight ending a lot messier than a few neons. If you do neons I wouldn't do a solo one, I would try 4 to 5 to get the group effect going and possibly he will leave them alone.

For reference I had one betta who lived happily in a 20 tall with sword tails and other peaceful community fish, then I had a dragonscale who literally wouldn't even tolerate snails. He would pick at their head any time they moved. Just keep your receipt and be ready to adjust accordingly. If you keep up regular water changes you could try the molly as well (not at the same time).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going to try some neons in there c: hopefully my betta will be okay with them.

I was going to make some snail jello to feed my snails that are in my betta tank, and was wondering if putting broccoli, carrots, and cucumber in my betta tank would be okay? I obviously don't expect my betta to eat it but would it harm him in any way?

Back
Top Bottom