Betta tank with moonlight setting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I everyone :) Its my sons third birthday in October and I would like to get him a betta tank for his room to replace the temporary goldfish in the bowl. Anyway I was thinking since he still refuses to sleep all night I his room it might be an idea to get one with a moonlight setting to act as a night light. Can someone recommend a tank suitable for a betta and maybe something to keep him company, with the moonlight setting built in?? Id like to get it next week Wednesday so I can set it up and have it cycled in time for him to choose his betta. Oh and keeping in mind I live in Australia so it would have to be available here too?

Hi! A minimum of 5 gals is recommended for a betta with a filter and heater (temps from 78-80 F is optimum). There are some ready-made setups with moonlights; Marineland tends to sell these. But you can always buy a moonlight separately. I would put it on a timer so that it shuts off at some point during the night; fish need total darkness periods too. Maybe try Amazon?

I second Marineland. My 20 gal is one of their kits and comes with the moonlight LED lighting.

You could get a 5 or 10 gal kit that would be perfect.

i looked them up and that wouldd have been perfect but cant find them online in australia. if i buy them online they wouldnt be plugs for a australian outlet would it?

I got the 10 gallon for my 3yr old sons bd in July, I think you can get a plug converter online. I use the moonlight as a nightlight and he loves it. I just go turn it off after he is asleep. Your son will love it!!!

Annakhil said:
I got the 10 gallon for my 3yr old sons bd in July, I think you can get a plug converter online. I use the moonlight as a nightlight and he loves it. I just go turn it off after he is asleep. Your son will love it!!!

aww cute thats an idea ill look into that thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom