Betta Training

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best trick I've ever taught my Bettas to do was to NOT DIE. ( at least not for a long time ;) lol ) I'm sure you can get them to respond to ideas by using food rewards. Remember tho, you are rewarding them for doing something natural to them. I highly doubt you'll be able to get them to do things like, say, fetch the newspaper from the front porch ;)

You can find some ideas of things to train them to do here: http://bettacare101.com/tricks

Hope this helps

Thanks! I have started to teach my betta to swim through a hoop and he is starting to get it!

Could you help me on my other thread? I need some saltwater advice! It's 37 gallon FOWLR. Thanks!

I'm close to 100% sure it's possible. My gf just gave me this R2 Fish training kit for Christmas, it has all these things to teach your fish, like swim through hoop, tunnel, play fetch, play soccer(push ball to score goal) limbo, and some other stuff. it looks pretty promising but lots of patience needed

I trained mine to eat pellets off my finger tip. The cool part was I wouldnt put my finger into the water. He would stick his nose out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom