Betta with bulging eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrewjue82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. New to the forum, experienced fish keeper. I have a beautiful betta that was in an aquarium that fell and broke, out of the water for hours, now has a bulging eye lense most likely due to damage that occurred outside the aquarium. Treat it or leave it? If treat, with what?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another dilema, because my aqaurium broke, the fish is currently in a fat separator lol because thats the biggest container I have to keep him in. Its about 32oz. No heat. No filter. Room temp 72. 2 moss balls. Daily 90+% water changes. I'm trying to get anothet aqaurium as fast as I can so I can implement heat and filtration. Do you think I should still attempt to medicate?

Fortunately it's easy to do water changes, I pour water out of the spout and add clean, conditioned water on top. I dont even have to remove the fish. Changing water couldnt be easier. As far as keeping a betta in a "bowl" its probably the best way to do it. Hahaha although I would NEVER recommend it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom