Help with betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I think my betta has body rot. Long story short. 1.5 years ago he shared his tank with ember tetras that I found out were nipping his fins. I kept removing stuff from the tank, until I saw it! I rehoused those fish. His fins never healed, they looked okay, but they never fully returned and he was a beautiful half moon betta. I didn’t know about aquarium salt and I wish I knew. Some dumb let store told me to use Epsom salt. Anyway, he started getting white fuzz on his fins which I treated with kanoplex a few times in food. It doesn’t work anymore. His back fins are gone and it seems he has trouble swimming and getting to his food but he still can swim. I feel so awful. I have him in aquarium salt and I just started a round of erythromycin in his water. Do you think this will help him? Or is it to late? He still comes to eat, but his back fins hang down when he’s resting. I feel so awful and I don’t think I deserve betta fish. I tried everything for him and even have him in a 10 gallon tank with plants.

Update he didn’t eat today, is it common to not eat when treating with meds? Should I do double the dose? It says you can, so he pulls through? It’s 4 days each treatment so I worry not eating will kill him that long! Can I take a couple day break in between the tratements?

Attachments

• 8508D2BF-BC9A-4685-9B9F-C43348F758E8.jpg
    8508D2BF-BC9A-4685-9B9F-C43348F758E8.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 19
I would give your treatment chance to work before looking at other options. Run the treatment as prescribed. If the treatment instructions says to repeat if there is no improvement then repeat if needed.

I would say you can wait a couple of days before repeating and double dose if the medication says you can.

The fish not eating is probably a symptom of its sickness rather than being caused by the medication.

Hm I’ll try feeding him again, maybe he was sleeping. He ate yesterday and was trying super hard to get the food., not sure why his aim is so bad with food. I put the medication in, so I don’t think it’s due to sickness.

Back
Top Bottom