Betta won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, my Betta that I have had for a bit over a week has not eaten. I have tried feeding him dried shrimp, Betta flake food, and Betta pellets and he is just refusing all three. I let him have three days just to get used to the tank and on the fourth day I put a pellet in he swam up to the top ate it and then spit it back out. Then the next day I tried shrimp and a show no interest in it. Then 3 days later (today) I put another pellet in there and he showed no interest also.
is there any thing else I should do?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Was the tank cycled? He may be stressed, depending on how long you have had the tank. Does he seem lethargic or hide a lot?

Sent from my iPhone

He does not look sick at all he is acting totally normal. He also does not hide much I used Api quick start. I also do a PWC once every 3-4 days

i doubt its cycled, id be testing the water and doing lots of pwc's.

for food though you may want to try garlic saturated foods (garlic entices fish to eat). NLS Therma-A is a very good brand.

He still is not eating

It's really not unusual for a betta to not eat for several days to weeks in a new home. Just be patient with him. Bettas can go for a month or more without food and show no ill effects. I wouldn't worry unless another full week goes by and he has eaten nothing.

Drop it in a specific location, maybe make the tank dark so it is stress free and see if he eats it if you want to know if he is eating. I'd recommend making sure it is dark either way.

Agree with gimmethatfish. It is probably fear/stress for now.

I have a floating log for my betta - he likes to hide in it sometimes and also I put his food in the opening at the top and he knows where to find it. Might be worth a try!

He still has not eaten. How can he still be alive? I've tried dried shrimp, bloodworms, flake, and pellet and he won't eat any of them. I know that he's not eating cus I put in 3 blood worms and 3 days later I still saw 3 bloodworms on the bottom of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom