Bettababe's 10 Gallon Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now that we're all settled in the new house, I've decided to dig out one of my ten gallons and get it ready for another Betta! :D So, I have it all setup and ready to cycle, I just need to pick up some ammonia and a replacement light. I'd appreciate it if you would follow me on my build!

Attachments

• image-3954268190.jpg
    image-3954268190.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 176
I was planning on just the Betta. Any suggestions for tank mates that would work in the ten gallon?

Bettababe1011 said:
I was planning on just the Betta. Any suggestions for tank mates that would work in the ten gallon?

I love my ember tetras and chili rasboras in my betta tanks! Dwarf cories are also great:). And all shrimp, as long as the betta doesn't eat it;)

+1 hoping on board would love to see pics once setup. I have an empty 10g I had thought about setting up for my daughter.

Okay, I may try some ghost shrimp. I was thinking about getting some for another tank, but I'll try them here instead. Thanks!

Yeah, I love the shrimp! They're funny to watch in the fish store, they should be even better in a proper tank. :)

Hmm, I'm trying to think up names for the Betta... Depending on what he looks like, I may name him Giovanni. The name just popped into my head as soon as I tried to think of one. :D

You should do a small school of harlequin rasbora like 5 and the ghost shrimp and the betta.

Hmm, I'll look into them. I'm not sure if I can get them locally, and online stuff is really expensive with shipping...

I live near you so I know lots that are locally available. :)
harlequin rasboras
Nerite snails
Sparkling gouramis
Red cherry shrimp

Okay, I'll have to look around. I'm not sure if I want a mystery snail... I've heard that bettas will commonly eat parts of them because they come so far out of their shell... Opinions?

Bettababe1011 said:
Okay, I'll have to look around. I'm not sure if I want a mystery snail... I've heard that bettas will commonly eat parts of them because they come so far out of their shell... Opinions?

I have two mystery snails with my female bettas and they don't bother them a bit. And my friend has one in with her male with no problems.

I'm going to invent a new abbreviation: DOTB-- depends on the Betta!

Bettababe1011 said:

LOL yes I have heard that too. Nerite snails are a better choice IMO because they eat more algae, stay small and don't come too far out of their shells.

I'm not sure if they have them right now but Iowa Pet Foods and Seascapes usually has nerite snails, and occasionally has sparkling gouramis. Adam's Aquatics has red cherry shrimp. Pet land downtown has a lot of different fish too. Hope this helps. :)

Okay. I need to check out some of those places. I've just been in The Ark lately. I haven't bought anything though, because even though they've improved, they still aren't that good. -_-

Back
Top Bottom