Bettas Breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_neon

Aquarium Advice Regular
im so excited as i type my bettas are breeding....YAY!!!! it must have took them 2 weeks of being together to breed finaly.. i can wait so see what the babies will look like.. hes so nice to her its sweet.. hes a real gentlemen.... here is a pic of them embracing... they are in a 10gal bout 1/3 full, 74 degrees, ph of 6.8-7.2, i fed them blood worms. and he built his bubble nest in a 6in clay pot... hope if ne one wants to breed their bettas this helps

Attachments

• dsc00118_694.jpg
    dsc00118_694.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 142
Awesome pic neon. I currently just had one of the 2 pregnany guppies give birth. There's only 4 lil buggers swimming around my tank as of now, but i'm sure there will be more in the morning.

well today just eggs but im hoping early in the morning or the after noon their will be fry(usally only takes 24hous but my tank is not heated).. i cant wait... but as for what im gonna do with them... umm i dont know... if i can ill keep as many as i can... but other wise.... ummm.. anyone want one??

thank you kansaschick ... i got babies.... they r soo tiny and cute... it took a while for them to hatch but the are here ill try to get a pic of them

yoou better try to get a pic..i haven't ever seen betta babies.

So what did you do in the spawning procedure? Did you leave the father with the fry?
Well you see, my female betta in my community tank looks like she could be carrying eggs. And Mum's male betta is currently in 1/2 gallon tank (I know its awfully small but he seems to like it and will be getting a bigger one soon). Can I get them to spawn in a large glass bowl filled with only water? If not, is there any other way using my limited resources?

:D I just had to give you some kudos blue neon. Congrats on your success and thanks for posting the pics.

Please clarify something for me? It looks like the bubblenest was anchored to the clay pot. How did you position the pot in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom