bicolor blenny's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
any info on them? I really like them, not for their color but for their personalities.....they are herbivores, so they would like some dried sea weed and stuff like that right? I am thinking about having my LFS order one for me!

As with all blennies, they need well established tanks with a LOT of algae. A constant supply. And the best thing to do is to make sure it will eat prepared foods before you get it. That's hard to do if they have to order one for you.

Else, they are a good canditiate for your tank, so long as you an provide them lots of natural algae to eat. If your tank is relatively algae free, it may not be the best choice. But, it may take to algae sheets like a cow takes to grass, and you'll have no problems. Something you can't predict, you know?

I lost an algae blenny to starvation...and I thought I'd be able to provide it enough food. It ate and ate and ate and it was still not enough for it.

HTH :)

well I have tons of algea.....so it should be fine! but I will have the LFS hold it a little while to make sure it eats...! (my lfs is pretty nice about doing that)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom