Big enough for glass catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JML Aqua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I'm really interested in keeping some glass catfish. I know they need to be in a group of 6, but I was wondering if I could pull off 3 in a 10 gallon. Lots of swimming space and they would be the only fish in the tank besides shrimp. Here's a pic of the tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416013383.322987.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ummm with glassies I'd say even 4 would be pushing it- and that would be for a 20 gallon. For some cool looking fish for a 10 gallon, maybe try harlequin rasboras or maybe pencilfish. Just some off-the-wall suggestions that are a bit different!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't put glass catfish in anything less than a 20g, personally. There are still quite a few types of fun, interesting fish to put in a 10g, however - Chili rasbora and CPDs are a couple of my favorites, and there are many more to choose from.

Idk, I'd throw 6 in a 20g. I have some in my 150g and they hardly move, just sit under plants and chill most of the time.

Mine tend to stay in one place too. I would do 6 in a ten gallon but wouldn't have any additional bioload in the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom