Big seal of DW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesfoad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a gorgeous piece of many that I found and I want to put in my aquarium but it has too many crevices to clean, it's tonight to put in a pot, and i don't want it to mess up my water. So how do I sterilize it totally?

If it will sit in the kitchen sink, pour boiling water slowly over it a couple of times. It won't get any tannins out but should kill any nasties. OS.

What size tank is that going in. That piece looks huge. B-O

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

10 gallon. It looks big in the picture. Can I just pour it over or do I need to soak it?

OK if it's small enough to fit in a 10g then put it in the kitchen sink and cover as much as possible with boiling water. Rotate to soak all areas. OS.

If it can fit in the oven you could put it in there at 250 for a couple hours to kill everything. This will dry it out, so you might have to resoak it so it will sink.

Get a rubber maid bucket turn up the heat on boiler to c and fill bucket and put dw in , nice piece where you get that from ,

I hot it from th neighborhood and I have a hot water spout on my kitchen so I will use that, it is closer to boiling than anything else. Couldn't it burn in the oven?

Ok thanks. After I trimmed it down to make it fit better I think it might fit in a pot.

Update: I soaked my wood for three days and I put it in today just trying to completely water log it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391624411.143534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom