Big tank complete!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j_randall1702

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally got my 200 gal made, but due to and accident it aint quite 200, I think my uncle said 193. It also started cycling. I have in it now 2 3in Tiger Oscars, 4in pleco, 5in pictus cat and 2 small clown loaches. If I did the the math right that will be 70 full grown inches of fish. It looks very empty right now. I wanted to get 3 or 4 tin foil barbs would it be safe too or would that be going over board? I know the tank aint but 30in wide, and very long I will have to look around for my tape measure to give yall the length. So yall can have and idea of the swimming area.

My 75 gal has been turned into a
Nolichucky river tank, with a small hollow log about the length of the tank with 2 bluegills, and 7 minnows, hopefully I can obtain a mudcat, due to the fact I have been told they stay small around 10-11inches.

I wouldn't add any more fish until after the tank cycles. But by the size of the tank, it will take some time for that to happen. In the meantime, you could research all the fish that you want to add to the tank. :D One of the most fun steps.

Wow... I can imagine those water bills with all the pwc you are going to be making while the tank cycles. That's another reason to go fishless with the cycle. I guess I just so cheap. LOL

Just curious, but what kind of accident would cause you to lose 7 gallons?? I hope to set up a large tank like that someday myself....good luck!

Droping one of the sides and cracking it, and then having to shave some of the side off. Then vice versa with the other side so it is even.

Oh, that had to have broken your heart!!

I'm glad you still managed to find a way to make the tank though! That sounds extraordinary! I wish I had one that big! *drool*

Mudcat= Flathead catfish they grow much bigger than what you have been told, TN record 82 lbs. Your "minnows" and bluegill would likely become feed stock at some point. For natives in your area madtoms would be a better choice due to their size.

Great tank. IMO you can easily add those tinfoil barbs. :wink:

Congrats on the big tank. I would wait for the cycle to finish before adding more fish. Are you going to ad BioSpira to jump start the cycle?

If my wife would let me, I would get a big tank like that. She's just not ready to give up the couch... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom