Big worm looking things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stradt03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have these two big worm/caterpillar things in my tank. the are a pink color with white fur on them. They are roughly 3inches and the diameter is a little smaller than a pencil. what are they?

pics soon

Jason

No need for a pic. They are bristle worms. They are good for your tank but do not touch them. They have a nasty sting...

Most likely. I would be suprised to see a tank without them. You dont need to worry until they get a foot or so then they are just creepy..

I had one that was a foot long.. then i put it in a dish for the old man to see and it curled up to about 2.5 inches.. damn.. he was awesome when he was long.. and kinda eerie when he shrank down. reminded the old man of worms in dogs. gross

reefobsessed said:
No need for a pic. They are bristle worms. They are good for your tank but do not touch them. They have a nasty sting...

im scared to even put my hand in the tank without gloves on lol

Is a bristle worm the same as a fireworm? I recall having some "fireworms" that fit the above description, several inches long and the LFS telling me not to touch them because they have a painful sting. I always tried to remove them from the rock. They also tended to show up in the filters and filter media. I really had no idea they were beneficial to your tank. I had always heard they could kill fish and other inverts.

Back
Top Bottom