Biggest female guppy EVER! She is HUGE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stacey and jason

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just rescued her from a run down pet store and she looks massive! id say she is pregnant but sher is so so big im just not sure!help!

Attachments

• rsz_102_1770.jpg
    rsz_102_1770.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 3,128
  • rsz_102_1773.jpg
    rsz_102_1773.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 409
Most likely. If she has a large dark spot behind her stomach ("gravid spot") then she definitely is. Looks like she should pop any day!

Some female guppies can be pretty big. I've had females around 2"-2.5" long.

That fish does look pregnant. Check for the aforementioned gravid spot to be sure.

thanks guys, she DOES have a gravid spot but cause of the angle i took those photos you cant see it, she has lots of tiny black dots in her gravid spot and i mean lots of them x

Sorry she died last night, i think it was some sort of growth because i picked up the fish this morning and squeezed a little around the stomach area (she was dead by the way, would never do that to a live fish) and a load of puss and blood came out with a lump.
Not to surprised though as we got her from a store called aquamania in blackburn and the where dead and/or dieing fish such as a Catfish, Royal Red Gourami's, Platties, Guppies and some Silver Stars. i dont think they care for the fish properly as the Silver Star had it stomach ripped out in a tank full of non aggressive/passive fish and only one person cleaning around nealy 80 tanks approx, they dont check the tanks at all for dead and/or dieing fish either. its a shame that so many of the fish are not being looked after properly.

I commend you on trying to rescue the fish. I would not normally think about getting an obviously stressed/sick from a LFS. I think most people would avoid a fish like that. You're an inspiration for other fish lovers.

Back
Top Bottom