Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dwarf chain loaches look awesome if you can handle the 2.5" max size. With the dwarf corys, in my experience at least, the do swim a little higher but only around solid things. Mine like to swim up and around my rocks but in my sand path and around the lower rocks they are usually on the bottom or 1-2" above it, unless they're doing their dart for the surface thing. I also have c. Hasbrosus if that makes a difference

Well, I ended up picking up 3 peppered corys for now. I'll probably add to the school, but they were fairly expensive compared to what I'm used to paying for small tetras. 6 bucks a fish! Haha I'm enjoying them so far, I've always wanted to keep some corys!

Wow, 6$ for a pepper Cory? Doesn't petsmart usually have them and green emerald corys on the dollar sale occasionally?

Well, I ended up picking up 3 peppered corys for now. I'll probably add to the school, but they were fairly expensive compared to what I'm used to paying for small tetras. 6 bucks a fish! Haha I'm enjoying them so far, I've always wanted to keep some corys!

Wow...I paid 2$ for one ;)

The only ones they had on sale were the green ones for $3.09. I liked the peppered ones the best out of what they had there. I'll probably pick up 2-3 more next weekend. I was a little worried about how big they would look in the tank, but they seem to fit in quite well. Two of them are hanging out and one is a loner... :( :lol:

Edit: They were all thoroughly inspected by my betta. She's ignoring them now, though.

Last edited:
img_2643714_0_0cc6fe2a5e26015912ee75adbb536122.jpg

They're also already doing a good job of sifting the top layer of sand, which is exactly what I wanted them to do. :D

Thanks! I love them!!! I can't wait to get a bigger tank so I can have tons of them! ;)

I am waiting to get some Hasbrosus (haven't made up my mind 100% which one for the dwarf sized but I think that is what I would like) I have a handful of Bronze, a Orange Lazer, and Emerald Brochis, They pretty much hang out together.

But anyhoo I would love a dozen! The Pepper or Panda are both my other favs ;) (Other than the Orange Lazer Cories - they are amazing) I have lotsa favorites, that's why so many tanks :lol: :brows: I know I am in good company!!!

People even give the tanks (and even fish) away for free...

Too bad that isn't where the $$$ stops, lol.

I was asked if fish keeping was expensive and I stated what I might spend on it and my friends reaction was that it seemed a very reasonably priced hobby next to Motor sports, other sports, sailing, collecting antiques, even tickets to sporting events are pretty costly.....:brows:

Yup! Now the decision for me is when I do my big tank.... Angels? Or Discuss? :lol:

I've been dying to build a huge South American biotope type tank... At least a 6 footer... Shhh, don't tell my wife... ;)

Yup! Now the decision for me is when I do my big tank.... Angels? Or Discuss? :lol:

I've been dying to build a huge South American biotope type tank... At least a 6 footer... Shhh, don't tell my wife... ;)

DISCUS!!! with an auto water changer, lol. I can live vicariously through your efforts! But I am gonna need lotsa pictures!!! You better get a good camera /phone no blurry pics like mine, $$$$$ :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though a blue discus please and one with a very pretty pattern and a red melon:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well that was my fun for the day - gotta go do dishes now.
:popcorn: I will be watchin for the 6 footer!

DISCUS!!! with an auto water changer, lol. I can live vicariously through your efforts! But I am gonna need lotsa pictures!!! You better get a good camera /phone no blurry pics like mine, $$$$$ :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though a blue discus please and one with a very pretty pattern and a red melon:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well that was my fun for the day - gotta go do dishes now.
:popcorn: I will be watchin for the 6 footer!

:rotfl: it's gonna be a while! Still have to get new tile for the house before I setup a new tank... *sigh*

Haha... you'll essentially double your capacity with that repair... but I'm intrigued with this talk of discus. That's my dream tank when I buy a house. I have just the inspirational picture for it.

Edit... found it!
img_2643943_0_0de62b565714413712eb1f203c0717ca.jpg

Back
Top Bottom