Bio-Chem Zorb The Good the bad & the ugly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmoney87

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Rena Filstar xp3 came with a product called bio-chem zorb, and this is its claim. Ive read mixed reviews as to the use of chem filtration in planted tanks or even sparsley planted tanks. I would like to get your opinion on this. Do you use chem filtration in your tanks?

Bio-Chem Zorb, a blend of resin and carbon filtration media, is compossed of two research-grade organic scavenger resins, two pharmaceutical-grade ion-exchange resins, and high-porosity activated carbon adsorbents in a filter pouch.
  • Removes organic waste in fresh and saltwater aquariums
  • Contains No Phosphates
  • Removes toxic heavy metals in fresh water
  • Removes aquarium pollutants, such as toxic gasses,water discoloration, foul odors, and phenols
-davE

i would save it for if your tank gets filled with toxic gasses and pollutants and foul odors....hopefully that wont happppppen..lol i dont use any chem filteration

i would save it for if your tank gets filled with toxic gasses and pollutants and foul odors....hopefully that wont happppppen..lol i dont use any chem filteration

Im beggining to think your my #1 fan! lol jp. But yeah I decided to take it out today and fill its spot with some more bio-stars and ceramic rings for bio support.

davE

I too would save it for if/when you've medicated your tank. Carbon is good at removing the meds. It's quite costly to keep up with a constant chemical filtration in your tank, and it's not really necessary. I would only use chem filters on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom