Bio filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone
So i have the marineland bio wheel 350 on my 33 long cichlid tank, 2 of them actually
Not i realized today that one of them stopped working
Would like 2 filters for higher water flow because of the tanks length. So i added an empty aquaclear on it just for flow for now
Ofcourse i might as well put some carbon in it and possibly a sponge, now instead of biomax, i was thinking of putting the actual wheel onside the aquaclear as a bio filter because its already established. I also understand these wheels rotate and get exposed to air, and biomax is sometimes exposed to air as well, Do biofilters actually need to be exposed to air? Because i dont thing the wheel will be in this particular filter that i have..
Thanks for any input everyone

I don't think they NEED to be exposed to air, I think they just work a little better if they are. I've got bio media in a canister for my 20 long. It's not exposed to open air unless I'm doing cleaning/maintenance and it seems to work just fine.

Do you use q biowheel in you canister filter or just biomax?
Maybe the wheel has ti be exposed but biomax doesnt? I suppose ill just try it and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom