Bio media and another question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William470

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I purchased my Aquaclear 70 for my tank it did not have the bio media. It was the Powerfilter 70 from Big Als online but they are the Aquaclear 70's. It only comes with the foam sponge and activated carbon.

Before I started my cycling I purchased Bio-Max media from my local Petsmart. Is this the right media to start cycling with?

Also I purchased a bubble wand to use while cycling. Is a bubble wand good to cycle with? I read online one should be used. Would an airstone be better?

Thanks

Bill

You dont have to get biomax... you can get cheaper ceramic rings, or as HN1 suggested to me, you can use pot scrubbers. Just get the ac70 sponges since theyre only a couple dollars as well

If you already got the bio max then yes that's the right stuff, if you haven't yet then go along with mfd as its much cheaper.

Ya know, lava rock is cheap and works good for bio media. Get a bag, hit it with a hammer to make smaller pieces and there ya go. ;) That's what I'm using for these ocean clear canister filters on our new tanks.

Thanks everyone.

When I need to change filters I will take this in to consideration. Always good save few extra pennies or dollars.

Back
Top Bottom