Bio-overload ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Water?

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I was listing everything on "My Tank info" mostly for my jounal. And discovered I have alot more in my tank than I thought. My protein skimmer dosen't get real nasty, I clean it once a week. I do a 20gal PWC every two weeks. All of the water peramiter are good. My nitrate was a little high for a week after I added some new fish, but it has come down. Was 20 now is about 10. I know my nitrates will come down more, due to I've started feeding less. (I have some really fat fish).
Please look at "My Tank" info and see if anyone thinks I'm in for trouble.

If you are having a reading of ten on your nitrates then evidently you bio load is OK. The only thing I would say is be careful with that butterfly fish as caution is urged with them in a reef tank. This tank sounds really nice in word. I sure would like to see it in color (pics).

All four of my tangs are rather small right now, but I know that they can get rather large especially the sailfin. As they get larger are they going to become a bio-load problem?

(Between you and me), I hope to start another tank by the time they are so big. That's if I can talk my husband into it. I might have to wait until someone in my family dies before I can afford it. Just kidding, LOL

Hey, I got another question for you. If I have a 140gal tank and a 35gal refugium, when I do a PWC do I figure in the amount the refugium holds?

I don't think you are overloaded either and you calculate total volume when doing a water change because the refugium is still part of the source water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom