Bio Sponge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone tried Biologically Established Active Sponge Filters? It's from a fish store called Angel Plus. For some reason the forum will not let me post the link.

I havnt personally but I've heard positive reviews. It's a pretty straight forward process in creating cycled sponges.

I just remembered a friend of mine has a goldfish tank for her daughter. She is willing to give me some gravel and her old filter media. She changes it every month or 2 and I believe they are activated carbon cartridges. The tank is 2 years old her daughter won the fish at a fair. I asked her if they have ever been sick and she said no. I read that these types of goldfish can carry disease, so I am looking for advice on this. Thanks!

While the filter media and gravel may be worth pursing (I'm not familiar with the goldfish so can't say), don't bother with any used carbon filters. What about a local pet store with a nice established tank or a local fish club?

Back
Top Bottom